A Simple Thank You.


thank you for jumping into my world. read. share. live mindfully. laugh often. seek balance. choose happiness. love life. -- XOX ♥ msamarse

5.29.2009

The Perfect Rhyme Over a Tight Beat


Today’s menu: Music of the week – Drake

Who is Drake?

Some know him as “that guy on Degrasi in the wheelchair” --- more popularly and recently known as a hot new hip hop and R&B artist.

Drake or “Drizzy” formally known as Drake Graham is a 22 year old actor, rapper and singer from Toronto, Canada & has managed to conquer popularity many artists only dream of in just months. It seems a year ago this time, people would question Drake who? But now, his popular songs “Best I Ever Had” and “Successful” can be heard blaring from the speakers of people ages 15 up to 30. His eclectic taste in beats appeals not only to those who enjoy hip hop, but also other genres of music as well. He can often be confused as sounding like Kanye West, Weezy or R.Kelly.

This is one of my favorite songs by Drake, called "A Little Bit" off his mixtape So Far Gone



So --- do we give him a thumbs up or thumbs down?

Personally… I definitely give him a thumbs up, and on a scale compared to other artists of this time, I would rate him an 8. He is multi-talented in the way he is able to switch up flowing raps and rhymes to singing smooth verses, I think that is what makes him a talented artist. Especially in competition with rappers like Soulja Boy and Gucci Man, there is no comparison. Unfortunately hip hop has moved away from what gave it it’s appeal in the first place…

The question I have is, why did it take Lil Wayne to officially S T A M P Drake with Young Money for him to start getting the credit he has deserved from the beginning? I guess because it’s Weezy… people listen to & follow Weezy, & if Weezy says Drake is good… then Drake is good. It would have been interesting to see if Drake could have become so popular so fast without Lil Wayne putting him on the map, but I believe so. I am just happy to see he is finally getting recognition and credit he has deserved from the beginning!

Make sure you go out & BUY his CD when it drops --- I don’t buy many CD’s but I’ll support Drake!

Until our next meal --- ♥ Amarse

No comments:

Post a Comment